News and views plus other places to visit and
We'll be attempting to keep track of news in numismatic circles on these pages. If you know of any news-worthy
items - exhibitions, sales, new techniques etc - use the response form to contact us at Polymathematica and we'll
endeavour to include it in our next update.
useful contact information in the world of numismatics.
- Ancient Coins for Sale
- Polymathematica has been working with several coin dealers
for a number of years advising on the cleaning and preservation of
We're featuring a selection of coins for sale from the Senior Consultants current
listing, a small number of which have passed through Polymathematica's hands.
- Ancient Metals and Artifacts
- For those interested in ancient metal artifacts, try our new section containing some interesting bronze, gold and silver antiquities for sale form the Nick Aves listing.
- Cleaning and Preserving coins
- The Polymathematica guide to corrosion problems in ancient coins and metals, with information about what to do to clean them.
- Background Resources
- Available books on coins and metals. Some of these books for sale are rare and out of print editions.
- British Museum puts on show
- The British Museum is to create a
permanent exhibition on the history of money. The exhibition will be the only one of its kind in one of the world's great museums.
It is due to open in January 1997. The collection of coins and banknotes is said to be worth more than £100m.
- Portraiture on Greek Coins
- A temporary exhibition is planned at the Cripps Gallery, Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge (UK) on The development of portraiture
on Greek coinage. The exhibition runs from 25 June - 25 October 1996
- Rune's Ancient Coin Page
- Interesting site on ancient coins, well worth a visit for the JPEG graphics alone.
- Coin Directory
- The majority of numismatic sites are in the US. This is a good starting point for an Internet search for coin related topics.
Back to index
Cleaning Ancient Metals and Coins
Polymathematica, can be contacted by email at
email@example.com or by response form
A Q-ten site
Last Update, 1-July-96